On July 6-10 Dover Youth to Youth held its annual Summer Training program for new members at the McConnell Center. 20 prospective new Youth to Youth members participated in this year’s training. In addition, students from Rochester, Milton, Newmarket, Epping, and Franklin attended. The program also included an adult advisor component that attracted people from as far away as Nebraska.
During the week, these sparticipants received a wide variety of drug prevention presentations, received advocacy skills training, and engaged in a wide assortment of prevention projects and activities. Some of these activities included:
• Placed information stickers on alcohol products in local grocery stores;
• Conducted several presentations to youngsters in local day care centers and camps;
• Conducted a presentation to student’s parents at the end of the week;
• Held an informational demonstration and press conference in downtown Dover to bring attention to e-cigarettes.
Students also had the opportunity to create a variety of radio Public Service Announcements. We have to thank Townsquare Media (WOKQ, WSHK and WPKQ) for their support in recording the spots.
You can click on any of the following links to listen to the spots:
- Dover Middle School – eHip
- Dover Middle School – Sucker
- Dover Middle School – Truth or Dare
- Epping Middle School – 15 Words
- Newmarket and Rochester – Brain
- Milton – A Beer or a Waffle
- Franklin Youth Initiative – Cool